Sign in to follow this  
Hilander72

Battlestar Galactica 3x09

Unfinished Business

Off topic nonsense is in violation of Colonial Law and will be dealt with accordingly.

Guest Mrthumps

Great episode this week and what starbuck did to Lee was very cold. Talk about kicking a guy in the nuts and then pushing him into the river.

Although to be honest I was expecting to see Dee vs Starbuck in one of the fights.

Good episode. :)

Lots of fighting with flashbacks and a cylon 'free' episode (not counting Sharon).

Not bad... BSG without the Cylons isn't BSG, though. The good thing about this episode is that they finally offered a plausible explanation regarding the Apollo/Dualla marriage. Man, Starbuck, buck, buck is totally frakked up! I felt bad for Apollo. One can understand now why the guy was depressed and fat at the beginning of the season.

Personally I cant say I actually liked this episode, mainly due coz I dont like boxing...

yes... after this episode we finally have a reason as to why lee was fat, depressed, and married to dualla... i thought it was great episdoe, really like seeing the whole back story and i liked how it was working into the rest of the episode

Meh - this wasn't one of the most special BSG episodes ever. Boxing + Soapie drama, executed BSG style??? Nah, not my cup of tea.

Sure, it did a good job expaining some back story etc... but it didn't offer much more than that as an episode.

yeah... not really an excellent ep, though i liked the fighting....

but i suppose they'll gona play this starbuck-appollo thing in the next ep..

Quite frankly I hated it in a good way. Not because the episode was rubbish but because the characters seem to have become something out of a teen soap-opera since the last ep.

Starbuck has the hump with Lee because she sh****d with him and then got married to the guy she didn't want. Well that's your own stupid fault.

Adama punching the crap out of the Chief? What the hell was that about? Your chief engineer wants to leave for a better life and you begrudge him that even though you let him go. Then some afterschool special about his leniency cost lives. Get over yourself, you aren't god (otherwise it would've been a very short and uneventful series)

I'm just not quite sure what was the point of the episode besides doing a Rocky mixed with Dawson's Creek. It's all well and good explaining stuff but most of it, present day, just seemed stupid.

The upshot is that if this is what they have this week then it's because they don't want an all-out action episode to be weighed down next week. And it's still better than any other charcter development ep I've seen.

It helped to fill in some of the blanks which distanced the audience from the characters.

Interesting thing is that I know absolutely nothing about what will happen next.

Now that is exciting.

Bring on the Ship of Lights.

I'm not a big fan of the character drama myself. I realize that backstory is important, but not at the expense of the real story line (i.e. cylons). If you look back at Season 1, you'll see that every episode is about dealing with the cylons, finding the new human-looking models, suspecting everyone.

It looks like Season 3 will be moving back toward that, and I hope so. I want to see mystery and intrigue, not Starbuck doing Adama.

I definately did not like this episode.

Was i watching galactica or lost? though the flashback to the miniseries shows just how much they've grown not impressed

The ol'mans got chops!

i think the important thing is which characters a character based episode relates to

If its Baltar or Adama, its great, but when its Starbuck or Apollo, it can be not so great, or though they do have their moments.

Smouldering sexual chemistry between many of the staff was high in what otherwise was a low point so far in Season 3, before this one occupation was the low point to me. Its not one i will look forward to watching second time round, but it did tie up many loose ends from the occupation. I agree with many posts in this thread BSG is not BSG without Cylons in it. This of course goes for the Original BSG too.

It was however touching that Starbuck and Apollo ended the fight holding each other and both saying 'I've missed you'. The last few episodes have had a lot about healing wounds and it is only natural that some of these wounds are very deep, but lets get back to frackin up cylons an getting clues for earth as BSG should be :)

given the choice of watching starbuck and apollo all over each other and there tiffing and watching adama, col ty and the cylons I can say its the later that is much more intresting,

yeah i agree there Starbuck is best when shes in a cockpit fraggin cylons, dont wanna know much else about her cept shes got a good sense of humour is reckless and is the best viper pilot in the colonial fleet pretty much the same for Apollo too :) I did think Adama was gonna fight Ty that woulda been better in a way but still not what we want huh :)