Sign in to follow this  
hayden

Call of Duty 4: Custom Maps on ps3

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/17/ps3-call-of-duty-4-map-pack-finally-hammers-down-solid-release-d/

All i have to say is, about time. looks awesome tho..

To anyone that has this game of pc, what are your thoughts about custom maps for ps3? Are they different or are they the same?

Also, i heard somewhere down the drainpipe that theres a semi-competition for people to make there own custom maps and submit them to Sony, and supposedly they'll throw the best ones in there. I dont know though, just something i heard.

From what I can see they look quite good, however from what I have seen these new cod4 maps are built up maps which does not offer a variety i.e in cod 2 we have built up maps and open countryside maps.

At the moment these have not yet been released for the PC but will be shortly, one good thing the PC has and the Console version has not is already a load of custom maps that have already been released by third parties who do map mapping :)

mm, thats true.. i am getting over playing the same x amount of levels over and over. a similar arrangement should be made available for ps3. it would be easy enough to develop, with a sizable hdd standard..

mm, thats true.. i am getting over playing the same x amount of levels over and over. a similar arrangement should be made available for ps3. it would be easy enough to develop, with a sizable hdd standard..

Alot of these custom maps are actually made by clan map builders and nothing to do with IW (infinity ward) so as a result there will always be more maps on the Pc version than on the console version.  Also there are new mods out for the PC version as well which tweaks the gameplay i.e AWE MOD.

It makes a game more enjoyable, or should i say any new tech these days more enjoyable when custom hacks and additions can be made. On the software side of things specifically games and OS.. But on hardware, look at the psp, that thing was alll-right with standard firmware, but with home brew it just opens the doors to so many outside influences it just got better and better.

I really do feel tech companies need to start heading in this direction before any other amazing tech break through will be achieved, in comparison with the launch of windows so many years ago. When you really think about it, it hasn't changed that much in what does and what it wants to achieve.. only really improved usability and looks, which is fine, but its still the same thing.

They need fresh ideas, which are most definatly coming form the gaming industry. :P

Games have certainly helped make the industry more innovative. How many programmers were inspired by a game they really liked? That kind of thing was really good for the industry and this has spilled over to businesses with innovation spreading out to other sectors of the economy.

Games have certainly helped make the industry more innovative. How many programmers were inspired by a game they really liked? That kind of thing was really good for the industry and this has spilled over to businesses with innovation spreading out to other sectors of the economy.

I didn't think of that, all these innovative people getting inspiration from their favourite TV-shows and Video Games. I guess thats why we keep ending up with startrek-esk devices hitting the market.

Portable telephones!! Not to mention all math theorems that have come out of the woodwork to prove/disprove FTL travel. Must of come from somewhere lol. :D