Sign in to follow this  
hayden

Call of Duty 4

Hey anyone got call of duty 4 for ps3?? was wondering if anyone was interested in playing a game or two online??

I havn't got a copy at the moment but was thinking of getting one what is the game like.

The last one I played was version 2 on the pc I think.

lol call of duty on console I dont think so lol......I have it for my pc...there are now loads of customs maps available.

the game is great.. but your probably right bout getting a game on console ulysses, it makes it hard to get any good. but i do find that the fact that it is on console its easier to enjoy with friends rather than having to go to a lan party or something to play next to them. Being able to play i the lounge room with 4 [players is pretty sweet.. reminds me of the days of 007 on N64.

However you should get it gamer1978, great game. extremely realistic...  but i felt the career mode wasnt all that long compared to others. mind you i only played bits and pieces and it was on medium. by room mate did most of the playing lol.

Never the less great buy.

The main bad points in call of duty  4 are the airstrikes and Helicopters attacks, all they do is encourge people to camp with can get very annoying, apart from this its a good game

I've never tried it. I'm sure its fun. I just hope it has good gameplay. Reload times should be low and infrequent, as gamers prefer more shooting than reloading. I know realism is a good thing in games but I've always preferred just firing away instead of duck and cover when my weapon has to be reloaded.

How does that work in Call of Duty 4? I hear it has a rank structure like private, corporal, sergeant, captain, etc. Did older versions of the game have that?

It would be an interesting game to play, it has a very contemporary setting for a computer game.

call of duty generally tries to keep it as close to reality as possible.. so reload times do vary depending on weapon.. but depending on your playing abilities 1 clip can last a while.

The main bad points in call of duty  4 are the airstrikes and Helicopters attacks, all they do is encourge people to camp with can get very annoying

Esspecially the helicopters, they just home in on you and wipe you out.. and 1 helicopter attack has the potential to kill a person 3 or more times.

yeah ranking system is like that, u reach certain ranks and unlock things in online play and what not.. like customisable weapons (primary-secondary, colour and styles like camo for weapons, explosives etc.) its a really good game..

should give it a try,.

Esspecially the helicopters, they just home in on you and wipe you out.. and 1 helicopter attack has the potential to kill a person 3 or more times.

Yeah the helicopters are especially annoying, when your on a full TDM server (say 20 people on it) you tend to get some maps where you have one helicopter strike, then another and another...so you end up spending your time staying in the buildings.

In our clan we do have a modded server with some custom maps (there are quite afew now such as old CoD 2 maps i.e Harbour etc etc), also you can edit the number of kills required to get the air strike and helicopter attacks, or even turn them off, only snag with this it turns the server into a unranked server.

The good thing is the ranks, and unlocking the weapons, the G3 and P90 are especailly nice weapons as is the barrett sniper rifle (sounds more like a canon) and the Desert Eagle pistol which is overpowered lol.

Oh yeah heres one of my better rounds....

http://usera.imagecave.com/ulysses1971/41.JPG

[br]Posted on: March 25, 2008, 06:35:38 AM

41.JPG

haha, right at the top! on ps3 i struggle to get 5 and up kills.. I'm starting to think i should have brought it for pc.. but then again ive only got a notebook and i doubt it would be that great on it. How is it on pc?? the competition must be alot higher as well.

haha, right at the top! on ps3 i struggle to get 5 and up kills.. I'm starting to think i should have brought it for pc.. but then again ive only got a notebook and i doubt it would be that great on it. How is it on pc?? the competition must be alot higher as well.

Actually CoD4 is not over demanding on the PC, my old X800 GTO graphics card ran it quite well (lower detail settings).

The main thing with the PC is there are alot of new maps now available as well as mods like AWE which is one good thing over the console version.

Also I hate using a joypad with a fast paced FPS games

yeah i know what you mean, the joy pad sucks big time. I know with other FPS games the thing that made them really enjoyable was the ability to play custom maps because you certainly do get over the generic ones.

Very interesting thanks guys!

May I ask if all this functionality exists in the single-player game as well? That would be cool to rise up in the ranks in single-player too.

For example that could mean that a player would be a MP sergeant and say a SP private.

Hi bbbb

I think this is not in the single player mode but I havent really played it alot in single player and I think the rank system is just for online COD4.

The single player mode is good but is also short and wont take long to complete but is enjoyable.  This game is mainly a multiplayer game and thats its main strong point.

One thing I have noticed on the console version, there seems to be alot of glitching online i.e being able to exploit areas on the maps which the players are not ment to be able to get to.  In clan matches these tactics are mostly illegal and can result in losing a match on league ladders like clanbase.

I also think you can get banned on the console version for 30 days or summit like that.

The single player mode is good but is also short and wont take long to complete but is enjoyable.

Very true, but once you have finished the campain you unlock an arcade version. This is pretty much the same levels as campain but with a point score system with 2x, 3x, 4x, ....., Nx etc. for good and consistant kills. I think this mode is really enjoyable, but you do get annoyed with it (loading times etc.) online is by far the cream of the crop in this little number.

Thanks!

I appreciate your quick responses to my queries about this game.