Sign in to follow this  
Tenebrae

Free Planetside

Yup, the (currently) only MMOFPS has a free trial running.

I'll admit, it's not flawless but it's free (you can only get to BR6 (of 25) and if you like shooting people, in big robots, tanks, with guns, in planes and so on - plenty of that. It's a lot like Tribes, there is an event going on at the moment which means most of the vehicles are no longer accessible... but no one is really sure what's going to happen? New content is supposedly goinng to get added (maybe) but it's probably a good time to be a noob.

www.planetside.com

Seems interesting, though after the trial period, it's gonna cost money...

Seems to be a bit like battlefield, but on a larger scale maybe?

Also, since it is hosted on a sony website, my first guess was: playstation?

But since you can download a trial version, I guess it's pc?

Yeah, it's PC - I'm playing the trial version.

Too lazy to link, go find.

Uh, no... it's free TetsuoShima. It's a sampler though.

While you can go anywhere, you can't do everything. Basically, Battlerank limitations means you're a lot less... able to do anything. Or rather, your versatility is limited. You can still run around and take part in huge (sometimes involve over 100 people... on each side) battles that can last hours.

You'll probably be a one trick pony at BR six, you'll only be able to do armour or hacks or MAXes but you'll still have fun (you can recert though). If you like Battlefield or Tribes... or Wolf: ET, it's worth a go. After all, it's the right price.

I'm on Werner, playing as the New Conglomerate.

my son goes around fixing things i knrew he was 'special'

I go around getting myself blown to bits lol but it seems a geat game

and we did take a whole planet the other night

lost it by the time i was back on yesterdat tho :(

Oh, don't be worried by the back and forth of the game. It's perfectly natural to spend hours attacking or resecuring a continent, only to

Sounds like you're zerging... make sure when you login, you hit "P"... join a squad. Fly off to where they are... I should say, get rid of the Harasser/ATV certs if you have them. Useful. If you have the points for it, cert mosquito. Easily the best way to get around the game.

Are you playing NC? Because we rock ;)

Also - MAXes are a bit of a laugh. I'm a vehicle man myself... Although, I've found the BFR to be a bit disappointing. I'll stick to Vanguards for now... Maybe go back to the UNIMAX cert...