Sign in to follow this  
Rebellion

Next-gen consoles

Well cast your vote :D

i bet its been done before but im blind to the Search button :rolleyes:

Its also worth noticing that the Nintendo Revolution has changed its name to Wii

I selected the super secret "None of the Above" option, as I'm an advid PC gamer. Might get the kids a ps3 or xbox360 at some point though (like ten years after their released, so that a workin' man can actually afford one)

Totally agree with the 3 posters above. I remember letting my little cousin play Diablo 2 on my computer, and spending my money to fix whatever they did to it. Nowadays, I keep a XBox around just when annoying little relatives come to visit. XBoxes are sturdy, heavy SoBs; harder to wreck...

... the question is about consoles, and since the PC is NOT a console system, I'll have to go with the PS3.

C'mon, guys! Gotta stick to the question! ;p

I've been a great fan of my Xbox as it is - Once chipped it's proven to be an awseome home entertainment unit - networked with my PC, for streaming of avi's & mp3s straight through to the tele, as well the gaming of course.

I reckon I'll get myself a 360, if they ever manage to chip or hack the thing(Micro$oft has spent 2 years working out the security this time round), because it really is the homebrew software that ends up giving you maximum utility...

Well, if I were to get one (which I aint), then I would go for an XBox 360: why? Price! Reports from gaming developers (those who develop games for both consoles) have come in and they claim performance of the two consoles is for the most part completely similar. But the XBox 360 is only $400 while the prices for the PS3 have been released today and are $600. I'm not paying $200 extra for equal performance. Especially, since I'm not the slightest bit interested in Blue-Ray. Ordinary DVD's will do for years to come imo, since quality at that level is not an issue imo. If you don't have a HD-TV, the difference simply isn't big enough. And given the price of those things it's out of my league for the next 10 years or so. Anyway, once PS3 is released to the market microsoft will surely decrease the prices of the XBox 360 even further and probably release an updated model. Rumors are, prices will drop to $300 for the current $400 model and a new $400 model will emerge (combined with HD-DVD drive, or maybe just the old model with a seperate HD-DVD drive bundled, it's just rumors, so it isn't certain). Anyway, the pricedrop is vitually certain, so with that in mind, I'm not paying the double the price for something i won't use. XBox 360 all the way... But this is all hypothetical, since I won't buy either one in the end... :D

I definately won't buy any next-gen console until there has been at least 1 or 2 hardware upgrades. For example, the current Xbox (original) selling is version 1.6. I expect that in a year the HD-DVD drive will be coming standard, and that the overheating issues will have been dealt with. Secondly, there's no way in hell that I can afford it =)

see nite thats why u gota stick with wat works, the NES, there are tons of games, ant people are almost giving them away :)

In the end i voted for xbox 360 i am an avid pc gamer and basically the xbox is a pc in a console shell. shame there isnt an option to upgrade the pc tho cuz thats what i would do if i had cash to spare right now, well that and donating to a certain host.

Sorry boyz' date=' gotta say - like many others - I'm a PC man through and through.[/quote']

Ummm - since when is a PC a console? :p

I'd be tempted by a PS3, if only for the blu-ray player.

The boys at Toshiba must have been a bit pissed when Sony announced that.

Actually, given the fact a lot of people are holding off on buying other things for the PS3... could give the blu-ray format the edge.

I was a console jockey before i got my PC which i do love but when i saw these clips i still want to get a X-Box 360 without a doubt

Gears of war

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/vids_1.html

Halo 3

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html

Looks a damned sight better than my PC but then there is the new PhysX cards now out

http://www.ageia.com/physx/index.html

actually, after this year's E3 I've become expectant to the Nintendo Wii.

- Half the price of other next gen consoles.

- it has a very nice controller.

- 100% backward compatible with Gamecube games.

- You can download all nes, snes games from the internet

But then again, missing out on all the great graphics the other consoles can provide, its not an easy choise to make. I beleave i will buy the wii first and a ps3 later. (call me a gamer if you like :p )

Actually, I'm gonna have to change my vote from "None" to PS3. Watching the trailer for "Assassin's Creed" is like watching a movie. Unless it's also being released for PCs...