Chewbacca

Favorite Captain

I voted for Picard, but I'm also a fan of Patrick Stewart, so my opinion is biased. :)

as am I. Stewart and Brooks both are tremendous actors on and off the small screen.

I voted for Picard, but I'm also a fan of Patrick Stewart, so my opinion is biased. :)

as am I. Stewart and Brooks both are tremendous actors on and off the small screen.

Besides TNG I really liked him in Excalibur and Dune.

asumming ur talking about Stewart, i dont remember him in dune (tho i know he was there) but who could forget excalibur! prolly my favorite telling of that story

asumming ur talking about Stewart, i dont remember him in dune (tho i know he was there) but who could forget excalibur! prolly my favorite telling of that story

I agree, Excalibur was absolutely the best telling of the King Arthur story.

I prefered Picard and Kirk. Picking the best out of the two is tough though.

you know, im prolly gonna get flamed for this one, but there is something to say about Capt. Archer. i just recently watched all four seasons of Ent (back to back!) and i found a new respect for the man. aside from the fact that i am a Scott Bakula fan (Quantum Leap, Necessary Roughness, i mean, come on!). in fact, i am going to be so bold as to say, that i think i like the NX-01 crew better than the others! oooooo! ya i said it! but thats a different topic!

anyway, i am sorta changing my vote since i am now torn.

50% Sisko, 50% Archer

you know, im prolly gonna get flamed for this one, but there is something to say about Capt. Archer. i just recently watched all four seasons of Ent (back to back!) and i found a new respect for the man. aside from the fact that i am a Scott Bakula fan (Quantum Leap, Necessary Roughness, i mean, come on!). in fact, i am going to be so bold as to say, that i think i like the NX-01 crew better than the others! oooooo! ya i said it! but thats a different topic!

anyway, i am sorta changing my vote since i am now torn.

50% Sisko, 50% Archer

You should be burned at the stake...

If anything good came out of that series it was jolene blalock and thats it..

Yoshy was sooo annoying all she did was whine "ooh, i'm not good enough.. i shouldn't be here.. I want to go home."

And that stupid helmsman, what ever his name was.. every sentence that bloke said.. "Back on the cargo vessels this, Back on the cargo vessels that...Back on the cargo vessels we could only do warp 2.."

CRY ME A RIVER SPORT.

Flox was pretty cool... Trips annoying and i hate the fact that hes in SG atlantis as michael.. worst thing ever.

Bakula did look unusually young for his age.. i think he must of quantum lept into enterprise..

It shoulda been like this..

[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/yt]

bweek, I really don't like ms Jolene. She's not really that pretty, her acting is only so-so, she goes in the "Jeri Ryan" cathegory: let's take someone some nerds can 'fantasize' about (in other words, someone who can be made to look 'hot' given enough make-up), put them in 'nerdy' role (Borg/Vulcan/anything but human really) and let all the *censured*...

Not my style....

I think everyone is forgetting how bad ass kirk was... I mean he straight up kicked a freaky alien guy in the knee balls!

I don't really don't see kirk as a captain.. More of a big kid with a space ship, he didn't really do anything all that positive for the federation. I think he longed for the day of the western and secretly desired to be a lone ranger. :o

I don't really don't see kirk as a captain.. More of a big kid with a space ship, he didn't really do anything all that positive for the federation. I think he longed for the day of the western and secretly desired to be a lone ranger. :o

He might not of, but Spock did...

KIRK KICKED SO MUCH ASS!!!!

I agree the ENT discussion is certainly worthy of its own thread but anyhoo we've just started a great and lively discussion here.

I liked Archer except for his dull speeches (he needed a press secretary!), and his obnoxious mannerisms towards those he spoke with.

Kirk, due to excellent acting by William Shatner and simply a well written character, did not need a press secretary! and never had one. Spock came closest to one.

Kirk was always well-mannered, disciplined, nice, civilized, non-judgemental and professional. He was not a dictator. He sought advice from his officers and was a good mentor to his new or junior officers (ie Chekov). The next trek captain should be just as good.

lets not forget that Archer came from a COMPLETELY different time period. and starfleet was still in its infancy and didn't have a lot of the protocols and rules, and standards that kirk on up did. archer is a different breed. hell, every capt has been. but kirk-picard-sisko-janeway, all had one "style" of upbringing and environment(s) that archer had being from the time period hes was from. does that make sense? lol

you know, im prolly gonna get flamed for this one...

told ya!  ;)

lets not forget that Archer came from a COMPLETELY different time period. and starfleet was still in its infancy and didn't have a lot of the protocols and rules, and standards that kirk on up did. archer is a different breed. hell, every capt has been. but kirk-picard-sisko-janeway, all had one "style" of upbringing and environment(s) that archer had being from the time period hes was from. does that make sense? lol

you know, im prolly gonna get flamed for this one...

told ya!  ;)

I know what your trying to say.. He did have a command persona but was still quite annoying. Most things about enterprise annoyed me, it could have been done so much better. Some of the story arch's were fantastic.

Sorry for the flaming lol, but it needed to be said.

maybe not better... but certainly different! imo.... but like i said, i guess i am just a Scott Bakula fan! i actually ripped all the music he did in quantum leap to mp3! hes pretty good. but ima bit of a geek like that so its ok! :)

maybe not better... but certainly different! imo.... but like i said, i guess i am just a Scott Bakula fan! i actually ripped all the music he did in quantum leap to mp3! hes pretty good. but ima bit of a geek like that so its ok! :)

Did you ever see his episodes of Murphy Brown? Traveling photographer that everyone but Murphy seemed to know?

Did you ever see his episodes of Murphy Brown? Traveling photographer that everyone but Murphy seemed to know?

WOW! MURPHY BROWN! now your reaching back! ha! i do actually! Peter Hunt was his name. he did a lot in the 90's. .. wow amnot, you must be as old as me! (or older, heres hopin!)

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0065169/

Picard was best imo because of his often philisophical views of the problems faced by the Enterprise and crew.  He just seemed more thoughtful and cool.

Scott Bakula made music for Quantum Leap? oh boy!

Picard was very cool, even when it came to dealing with hot-headed admirals and the guy from 'Lost'. I wonder how he handled the blond one?

WOW! MURPHY BROWN! now your reaching back! ha! i do actually! Peter Hunt was his name. he did a lot in the 90's. .. wow amnot, you must be as old as me! (or older, heres hopin!)

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0065169/

Murphy Brown is still shown on cable but yes, I'm one of the older members here. In age and membership, lol. Kyran beats me in both.