Sign in to follow this  
Engineer101

latest game you bought

HL 2

There haven't been any games worth buying other than that one.

You guys that have only ever bought 3 games. Are you like 12 or something? You just got interested in games when broadband and torrents were available?

I bought games waaaaaay back before broadband was invented. That was the only way to get games. You can't download a game over a 1200 baud modem or even a 56K

modem.

You know what? That was 3 whole years ago. I remember I bought about 5 copies of Serious Sam, my favorite game, because I was afraid they would go off the shelves and my discs would go bad.

The next game I buy will probably be the Serious Sam sequel. Nothing else except WoW looks interesting. There is no way I am paying a monthly fee to play a video game.

HL 2

You guys that have only ever bought 3 games. Are you like 12 or something? You just got interested in games when broadband and torrents were available?

I bought games waaaaaay back before broadband was invented. That was the only way to get games. You can't download a game over a 1200 baud modem or even a 56K

modem.

You know what? That was 3 whole years ago. I remember I bought about 5 copies of Serious Sam, my favorite game, because I was afraid they would go off the shelves and my discs would go bad.

The next game I buy will probably be the Serious Sam sequel. Nothing else except WoW looks interesting. There is no way I am paying a monthly fee to play a video game.

No - those are the latest games we have bought

Guest Mrthumps
HL 2

modem.

Methinks you should read what the title of this thread is " Latest games you bought" not what games you have bought.

You really need to learn how to read.

Next time, be sure you know what you're ranting about before you get on your soapbox.

The title of the post: the latest game you bought, I would say that a lot of people here have vast collections.

I've been in gaming all my life, since I built a ZX-80 and the internet was a thing of dreams.

Thanks for the history lesson, Boris. I had no idea that there were even such things as games before broadband. Please, explain further.

Civ III Conquests

And I've had to remove it from my computer because it severely interferes with my sleep patterns.

:( :( :( :( :(

Oh man... when I was Hooked on Civ3, I played it for 35 hours straight, only taking breaks to boil more coffee, pee, and light cigerettes.

But it was worth it, I put that arrogant little b!tch, Joan of Arc in her Fing place in the end.

Civ III Conquests

And I've had to remove it from my computer because it severely interferes with my sleep patterns.

You too huh? I had to do the same as well, damn, addictive games!

I bought several Infocom games about 17 years ago, like;

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

all of the Zorks

A Mind Forever Voyaging

PlanetFall!

and

The Leather Goddesses of Phobos

amoungst others

Best games I ever played, those were, and NO graphics, ALL interactive text fiction....

Oh, and Tetris addicted me for ages....

HL 2

lol if case you havent realised more and more companys are switch to mmorpgs/pay to play games because they make more money and the trend will continue

Starlancer

Good: it's very cheap now (cheaper than a DVD-R actually)

Bad: I couldn't complete mission 2 because of reconstructable crashes :-(

Starlancer

Good: it's very cheap now (cheaper than a DVD-R actually)

Bad: I couldn't complete mission 2 because of reconstructable crashes :-(

that was a great game mmhmm

Starlancer did indeed kick much ass!

I do have a soft spot for Freelancer as well, no matter how many bugs or how simple it is.

My most recent game purchases would have been: Silent Hunter III for the PC, Devil May Cry III for the PS2 and an old one but a good one: Kung Fu Chaos for the Xbox.

Civ III Conquests

was reported in PC Gamer UK editon that Sid is working on Civ 4....cant wait for that always loved the civ series since way back on my commodore amiga :p

I bought Halo 2' date=' the only video game I've ever purchased.[/quote']

must have been halo 2 on pre order £40 :(

bloody worth it though. Best game iv ever played, rest r dl's :P

I bought Eidos for £50 and I'm forcing them to make low quality games.

Last I bought was battlefield 1942 with the road to rome ad-on.

I had originally downloaded bf1942, but loved it so much I had to own it. I really like the desert combat mod. So much versatility being able to drive tanks, fly helicopters....

A really good combination of a war shoot-em with strategy and simulator.

Fantastic if you get a group of friends together to play over a network/internet

Latest games was

wow and Guild Wars.

when i get some more money im gonna buy forza for xbox.

i recently bought a backgammon set on ebay and due to bad payment instructions did not pay for it.

i simply instructed the vendor that he should grease it up before sending it to me cos if i ever got my hands on it then his experience in having it inserted would chafe less