Sign in to follow this  
martog

Favorite Game Console

Anyone else get the idea that this thread is well on it's way to becomming a Game Console (Fine for children under the age of 19) vs. PC (a serious gamers tool) flaming fest?

// I kid becuase I love. //

Not on my part, nope. I can and do appreciate that there are ppl who prefer to game on their PCs. I'm just not one of 'em. ^_^

Oh, and although I prefer the true "plug N Play" nature of dedicated game consoles to PCs, I do consider myself a "serious gamer" with with 14 consoles hooked into my entertainment center ranging from the Atari 2600 to the PS2. I will go so far as to say that the PC is a "serious gamer's tool" though.

I use my PC to find games and paraphenalia and to burn discs for my legacy systems all the time. MAME runs great on my DC ^_^

I'm also turning 40 on the 21st. ^_-

Shade and Sweetwater,

NiGHTs ^_^

I have and still prefer the PC to video games. I find computer games to have superior quality. Video games tend to be more arcade style and have to be played with joysticks. I'm much better with a keyboard and mouse than a joystick.

the ultra rare "X-cube Station!" seriously I'd say xbox off hand give nthat even now you can play pc game with keyboard and mouse on it but I opted for other. Really none, see as i'm typing this I'm looking into adaptors etc for ps2, gc besides xbox. while using the xbox AR i'm looking into GC usb memcard and SD adaptor. As well as other things to transfer stuff from PS2 to PC.

I'm looking to plug in snes, jag, saturn, DC and other controllers for those 3 consoles as well as PC.

xbox is a game console, just becuase it has a modified computer OS doesn't change it nor the hardware. GC has computer equipment too. ps2 had a linux package you can buy. so yea you can turn a xbox itn oa computer if you so want. then again awhile back a dream cast use to host a web site.

gaming wise I alternate not playing any system too long. and yes that would also include emulating old systems, so I'm not playing xbox thatr much more then the others.

however i'm mroe akin to older games and thusly leans mroe towards PC

I voted for Xbox because Microsoft, master of the fuck up, has given us a console that can be modded into the ultimate console gaming machine. So i felt i needed to be more specific, the Xbox itself is good, but modded it has the ability to be so much more. I have every game system since pong all the way up to the PSX on my Xbox. While the PC was a close second, the ability to emulate consoles on a console makes the Xbox king. Now I've been emulating NES to PSX on PC for years, but its never quite the same as playing on a normal TV(maybe thats just me).

Edit: Just a comment to all those PC has superior graphics people. The Xbox 360 is going to have 3 3.2ghz processors and a ATI X800 (not really an X800 but an equivalent card made by ATI for the box) so be prepared to come up with another little arguement.

(heh... x-box? The only games I'd ever want to play for THAT are on the PC too' date=' and far better there ^^)[/quote']

Obviously you've never heard of Jade Empire. RPG, and Xbox only. Kicks arse over any RPG I've seen on the PC lately. Bioware is t3h c00l. (And yes, it kicks arse over NWN)

I voted "other". I can only see playing games on a PC. I like the better video quality,customizable controls,etc. It just has more options.

Xbox, At the moment it is the console with the best Graphics and for me the best games. Star Wars KOTOR I and II, Halo I and II are very good games.

I can't wait when the Xbox360 comes out.

hold the phone!! why has no one mentioned the sega mega drive!!!! why isn't it even in the options??? the mega drive defined my generation, you were either a snes or a mega drive person. I was (still am) a mega drive person i just love sonic 1&2, micro machines V3. streets of rage, golden axe.

all we did last year was play on the megadrive, it was well worth taking all those days of uni just to complete sonic two over and over.

oh i think the mega drive might of been called genesis in the US

I do prefer games on my P.C. but the question was about consoles so I chose Xbox. The mega drive would have fit under "Other". (good console as well)

I'm fond of the nes and snes. But i've never been so addicted to a game as I have been to Halo 1 and 2 in the past.

By the way, Did any one ever play a game called "Tetrisphere" for N64? none of my friends have even heard of it.

Other =

3DO still playing. Cd player remembers what I like. A machine ahead of its time that why no one remembers it. Dreamcast comes a close second with the Megadrive following

id say yes you could class a pc as a games system, hence alienware and all the other machines with top of the range graphics cards

i voted playstation 2, anyone who says different is wrong it is the most popular the one with the most varied in games and when the PS3 comes out i will be buying that as well, i have playstations to date, they are the best without a doubt

hold the phone!! why has no one mentioned the sega mega drive!!!! why isn't it even in the options??? the mega drive defined my generation, you were either a snes or a mega drive person. I was (still am) a mega drive person i just love sonic 1&2, micro machines V3. streets of rage, golden axe.

all we did last year was play on the megadrive, it was well worth taking all those days of uni just to complete sonic two over and over.

oh i think the mega drive might of been called genesis in the US

I believe that Sega had the Master System along side Nintendo's NES. The Genesis was against the SNES. Or atleast thats what they were called in Canada.

And just for the record, a PC and a whack of emulators pwn.

Voted other, as my fav is usually whichever one I happen to be playing at the time. My wife says this proves that I can't make a decision to save my life.

I am a fan of all consoles, but I went with the xbox since I can emulate all others on it. This has not stopped my quest to collect one of all the consoles made.

Collection to date: Xbox, PSP, PS2, PS1, Gamecube, Nintendo64, SNES, NES (top load and regular), Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Color, Gameboy, Virutal Boy, WonderSwan, NeoGeo, NeoGeo Pocket, Turbo Grafix 16/CD, 3-DO, Sega Saturn, Atari Jaguar/CD, Phillips CD-i, Commadore Amiga, Commadore 64, Commadore Vic-20, Odyssey2, Intellivision, Colecovision, Atari Lynx/5200/2600, Sega: GameGear, Genesis, CD, 32x, Nomad, Dreamcast, Master System....and going...