Sign in to follow this  
TFMF

New Series Announced

You've probably all heard it now, but in case you've been living under a rock, here is the announcement where Sir Patrick Stewart announces he will be staring in a new Star Trek series.

Picard is Back!

I know I'll watch it eventually, but I'm currently working my way through TOS and expect to watch everything else in order, so it'll be a while!

30 minutes ago, flicky said:

I know I'll watch it eventually, but I'm currently working my way through TOS and expect to watch everything else in order, so it'll be a while!

I assume this is a re-watch, or is this your first go at Star Trek?

I find TOS hard going, but then I was born when Picard was in his 3rd season, so... 😛

Basically my first go. All I've seen before is a few TNG episodes and about a season of Voyager. But I'm the kind of person that likes to start things from the start.

I'm actually so envious of how you're going to watch Star Trek for the first time.

As I say, I found TOS a bit tough/slow (I'll be honest, I haven't actually watched it all the way through...).

TNG, DS9 and Voyager are great. Not sure how it would be watching it for the first time now, though... 

Oh I forgot, I've also seen the first of the modern movies with Chris Pine in them.

Yeah I'm perfectly prepared to accept that the shows might not be up to modern standards, but then again I like watching the classic Doctor Whos so in comparison they might not be as bad. :classic_tongue:

I'll be giving it a watch, but i didnt make it past episode 3 of the recent series. What were your thoughts on ST return to the small screen?

8 hours ago, hayden said:

I'll be giving it a watch, but i didnt make it past episode 3 of the recent series. What were your thoughts on ST return to the small screen?

I actually get what you mean.

Discovery was kind of difficult to get into,  but when I think of it, so was most ST series. TNG itself was terrible in season 1. 😛

They split Discovery season 1 into 2 parts, with a mid season break. I found part 2 got much better - might be worth another try, Hayden?

I thought I saw a message from you saying that you close down the forum.

Do we know which universe is it going to happen? The original, or the pandering to PC-sheep universe?

2 hours ago, dBLOOD said:

I thought I saw a message from you saying that you close down the forum.

The old forum host got rid of their service, so I didn't plan on opening a new one, but then I was able to get this one up and running quite quickly so decided to reopen. This one is on our own server so should be fine.

2 hours ago, dBLOOD said:

Do we know which universe is it going to happen? The original, or the pandering to PC-sheep universe?

Well, I want to believe that if Sir Patrick is involved, it would be the original universe, but considering he said a lot had changed/happened since the last time we saw him (Nemesis), I'm wondering if it will be an alternate universe...

Yeah, sorry about the inflammatory tone by the way!

Anyway, I would love to watch new, proper ST again, I'm afraid they cancel Orville!