Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
NiteSciFi was established in 2004 as a site for fans to share and enjoy all things Sci-Fi. Originally called "NiteShdw", the website quickly grew to almost 50,000 members.

After being closed down in 2006 briefly, the website relaunched under the NiteSciFi name, and slowly rebuilt itself over the years. The forums closed down again in 2015 due to hosting trouble, but are now open again here for users old and new to reconnect.

Here you can discuss all things Sci-Fi (and non-Sci-Fi alike!).

Join our community!

Note: if you previously had an account on NiteSciFi, you will need to re-register by using the link above

If you're already a member please log in to your account to post on the forums:
Posted Image

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Forum
Topic Started: Feb 20 2016, 01:07 PM (1,117 Views)
TFMF
Member Avatar

Hi all,

It's been about a year since NiteSciFi.com went down. At the time, there wasn't much motivation to try and fix it. I created this forum long ago as a back-up site in case this happened, but I only recently decided it was time to create a place NiteSciFi members could reconnect, if they wanted to.

What about the old site?
Although there are back-ups, I do not currently intend on restoring the old content yet.

Short term goal is to re-establish a community. Long term is to potentially integrate old content again.

What forum are we using just now?
We are currently using ZetaBoards, with a skin/theme I've put together based on the original NiteShdw.com forums. I've gone for this option it's free and because it requires very little maintenance/upkeep to keep going. The problem with NiteSciFi.COM was that it had domains/web hosting controlled by NiteShdw that was difficult to fix if something went wrong.

Feedback and ideas are always welcome.
 [Profile] Quote Post Goto Top

dBLOOD
Member Avatar
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Yo TFMF what about the chat? Is it still working, or are you planning to bring that back as well?
Edited by dBLOOD, Sep 11 2016, 08:21 AM.
What can change the nature of a man?

TFMF
Member Avatar

I've setup http://nitescifi.com/pages/chat/

irc.rizon.net / #nitescifi

Just me on my own at the moment.

Deoxyribonucleic
Ensign
NiteShdw? I can't tell you how distraught I was when the old sci-fi forum vanished, and I occasionally search for it again which today brings me to this forum! So glad to see the phoenix rising from the ashes =) Are you looking for more aid to bring the site back to it's former glory? I sure miss the sharing, and would be eager to get on the team! I have several resources at my disposal which could benefit greatly... please PM <3

subspatial
Member Avatar
Anomaly
Same here.

Hi Deoxy!

Logan
Ensign
i was known as the dark knight. if you need any help, let me know. i would love to bring back this forum

subspatial
Member Avatar
Anomaly
Welcome back Dark Knight Logan B)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ten Forward · Next Topic »
Add Reply